Application for a Junior Research Program
Welcome to the online application form for our Junior Research Program. The form consists of several questions concerning your research, work, and stay at GESIS. Please answer all of them thoroughly. In addition, please have the following documents ready before upload:
- Curriculum Vitae (including the details of two references: name, affiliated institution, address, telephone, and email)
- Research Proposal: This section should include your research question, your hypotheses, the data,and the methods of analysisyou intend to use; max. TWO A4 pages, including the list of references.
Please upload your research proposal in the DOCUMENTS section as an ADDITIONAL DOCUMENT.
- List of publications (if applicable)
Technical details concerning the online application form
In order to access the different parts of the form, you can use the navigation on the left-hand side or the back/continue button on each page. Your data will be saved automatically. It is possible to log out if you wish to continue editing at another time. You will be able to proceed with your application once you have logged in again.
If you are inactive for more than 15 minutes you will be logged out automatically and you might receive an error message. Please log in again to proceed with your application.
Your data and documents will not be submitted until you finish your application by clicking the "send" button on the last page. You will receive an email confirming your submission. In case you do not receive a confirmation email or have problems with the online application form, please do not hesitate to contact the Guest Researcher Coordination Team at email@example.com.
We are looking forward to receiving your application!
Before uploading your documents, please carefully check the eligibility criteria for the Junior Research Program. Should you have questions concerning these criteria, please do not hesitate to send us an email via firstname.lastname@example.org.
For a successful application, please upload the following documents:
- Your research proposal: a cover letter describing the purpose of your visit and the expected outcome (max. 2 pages)
- Your CV (incl. details of two references)
Please do NOT upload any additional certificates or other documents.
The Junior Research Program is highly competitive.
IT IS ESSENTIAL that applicants identify and contact at least one preferred GESIS cooperation partner prior to their application. The proposal should be coordinated with your cooperation partner in advance.