GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute, funded by federal and state governments and member of the Leibniz Association.
For the Family Research and Demographic Analysis (FReDA) project, our Team Family Surveys, located in Mannheim, is currently looking for a
Monitoring current social developments is a primary objective of the social sciences. The department „Monitoring Society and Social Change“ supports the social sciences in this task by providing comprehensive data and tools to describe and analyse social changes. In close cooperation with the Federal Institute for Population Research (BiB) and the pairfam consortium, FReDA will be set up to integrate the Generations & Gender Programme (GGP) and pairfam in one German data infrastructure. FReDA is designed as a panel study including anchors and their partners, starting in 2020 with recruitment interviews before going fully operational.
Your tasks will be:
- Implementation of the FReDA panel (preparing data collection, fieldwork monitoring, data quality control, data preparation)
- Preparing study reports and documentations
- Coordination with service providers and national project partners
- Research based on FReDA data (publication of results in journals and presentation at conferences)
- Doctoral/Ph.D. degree in the social sciences or a university degree in a relevant field (M.A.) and several years of professional experience with data collection projects
- Very good skills in quantitative methods of social science research; experiences with conducting surveys, particularly mixed-mode and panels, are an advantage
- Internationally visible publications are an advantage, especially in the field of survey methodology
- Very good skills in German and English (spoken and written) as well as the ability and willingness to work in a German-speaking environment
- Ability to work in a team, communication skills, and organizational talent as well as an independent and proactive working style
Interested?Please apply via our Online-application portal until 08.03.2020
GESIS offers an exciting work environment for interdisciplinary research at the interface between social sciences and computer sciences. As an infrastructure institution, we serve the promotion of the social science research, and we are in close cooperation with well-known international research institutes.
GESIS supports your career developments. We offer a wide range of career possibilities within an attractive working atmosphere with a high level of self-responsibility and scope for action. You work in an international environment in the heart of cologne/Mannheim and you benefit from our flexible working area.
GESIS guarantees the attention of the disability regulations and advances the professional gender equality.
As a family-friendly employer, we are certified by the audit Work&Family since 2010.
Here you will find further information.