- This applicant portal is operated on behalf of GESIS - Leibniz-Institut für Sozialwissenschaften by our partner hidden professionals GmbH, Kaiserstraße 39, 55116 Mainz and is at you disposal for compiling your online application free of charge.
Protecting your personal data is very important to us. hidden professionals GmbH undertakes to handle data with care and not to use the data for any purpose other than online application. hidden professionals is not responsible for how GESIS uses the transferred data. Your data shall not be disclosed to any third parties. The transfer of your data and application documents only happens once you have given your consent by activating the checkbox. With this activation you declare your consent to the collection, processing and use of your application documents for the purpose of application processing. The legal basis is your consent in terms of art. 6 para. 1 s. 1 GDPR.
- Purposes and legal bases on which we process your data:
We process personal data in accordance with the provisions of the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), the Federal Data Protection Act (BDSG), as well as other applicable data protection provisions. Details below. You can find further details or amendments regarding the purpose of data processing in the respective contract documentation, forms, a consent statement and other information provided to you.
- Purposes regarding the execution of a contract or of contractual measures (art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR)
The processing of your personal data takes place for the processing of your application for a specific job advertisement, or as an unsolicited application, and in this context particularly for the following purposes: Testing and assessing your suitability for the position in question, performance- and conduct evaluation to the extent permitted by law, for registration and authentication via our website where appropriate, for drafting an employment contract, demonstrability of transactions, commissions and other agreements, as well as for quality control through the appropriate documentation, measures for complying with general due diligence obligations, statistical evaluations for enterprise control, travel- and event management, travel booking and travel expense accounting, authorisation and credential management, cost recording and control, reporting, internal and external communication, accounting and fiscal evaluation of company benefits (e.g. canteen food), accounting via company credit card, occupational safety and health care, contract-related communication (including appointments) with you, exercise or defence of legal claims, guarantee of IT security (including system- and plausibility tests) and general safety, including inter alia Building- and plant safety, safeguarding and exercise of domiciliary rights through appropriate measures, if necessary through video surveillance for the protection of third parties and our employees, as well as for preventing criminal acts and providing evidence if they do occur; guaranteeing integrity, prevention and investigation of criminal acts; authenticity and availability of data, control by supervisory bodies or monitoring authorities (e.g. revision).
- Purposes relating to a legitimate interest on our part, or that of third parties (ar. 6 para. 1 sent. 1 lit. f GDPR):
Beyond the performance of the (pre-) contract, we process your data if it is required in order to safeguard our legitimate interests, or that of third parties. Processing of your data only happens if and to the extent that no superordinate interests on your part stand against such processing, in particular for the following purposes: Measures for the further development of existing systems, processes and services; reconciliations with European and international anti-terrorism lists; enrichment of our data, i.a. using research of publicly available data if required; benchmarking, development of soring systems or automated decision processes; building- and plant safety (e.g. through entry controls and video surveillance), to the extent that it exceeds general due diligence obligations; internal and external investigations, security checks;
- Purposes in the framework of your consent (art. 6 para. 1 a GDPR):
Processing of your personal data can take place for particular purposes (e.g. the gathering of references at former employers, or the use of data for later vacancies) based on your consent. However, you can generally revoke this consent at any given time. you will be separately informed in the consent statement of the purposes and consequences of a revocation, or the refusal of consent. The revocation of consent generally takes effect for the future only. Past processing predating these provisions is not concerned by them.
- Purposes relating to compliance with statutory provisions (art. 6 para. 1 c GDPR) or in the public interest (art. 6 para. 1 e GDPR):
Like anyone participating in economic affairs, we are subject to a great number of legal requirements. These are primarily statutory requirements (e.g. Works Constitution Act, Social Code, commercial- and fiscal legislation), but also regulatory and other administrative standards, as the case might be. The purposes of processing may include identity- and age assessment, fraud- and money laundering prevention (e.g. reconciliation with European and international anti-terrorism lists), occupational health management, safeguarding safety at work, compliance with fiscal monitoring and reporting obligations, as well as archiving of data for the purposes of data protection and data security, as well as for purposes of inspection by tax advisors/auditors, fiscal- and other authorities. Furthermore, the disclosure of personal data can become necessary in the framework of administrative/judicial measures regarding the collection of evidence, criminal prosecution, or the enforcement of claims under civil law.
- Purposes regarding the execution of a contract or of contractual measures (art. 6 para. 1 lit. b) GDPR)
- The data categories processed by us, to the extent we don’t receive data directly from you, and their origin:
To the extent required by the contractual relationship with you, and the application declared by you, we may process data lawfully obtained from other entities or third parties. We furthermore process personal data that we have lawfully gathered, received or purchased from publicly available sources (e.g. commercial- and associations register, civil register, the press, internet and other media), insofar as this is necessary and we are entitled to process such data under statutory regulations. Relevant personal data categories may include in particular:
- Address- and contact data (registration- and similar data, such as email address and telephone number)
- Information about you on the internet or in social networks
- Recipients, or categories of recipients of your data:
Within our business, such internal departments and organisational units as require them in order to meet our contractual and legal obligations receive your data (such as executives and line managers in search of a new employee, or are involved in a decision regarding the hiring process, the accounts department, company doctor, occupational safety, potentially staff representation etc.), or in the context of the furthering and implementation of our legitimate interest. Transfer of your data to external entities occurs exclusively
- for purposes where we are obliged or entitled to disclosure, notification or transfer of data in order to meet legal requirements (e.g. fiscal authorities), or where the transfer of data is in the public interest (see item 2.4);
- if external service providers process data on our behalf as contract processors or function providers (e.g. financial institutions, external data centres, travel agency/travel management, printers or data disposal companies, courier services, post and logistics);
- on the basis of our legitimate interest, or the legitimate interest of third parties in the context of the purposes listed under item 2.2 (e.g. to public authorities, credit enquiry agencies, lawyers, courts, experts, companies affiliated to the group of companies, committees and supervisory authorities);
- if you have given us your consent for the transfer to third parties.
Beyond that, we will not transfer your data to third parties, but inform you thereof in advance. If we instruct service providers in the framework of contract processing, your data are subject to security standards required by us in order to appropriately protect your data. In all other cases, recipients may only use data for the purposes they were transferred to them for.
- Storage period for your data:
We generally process and store your data for the duration of your application. This includes the initiation of a contract (pre-contractual legal relationship) We are furthermore subject to various retention- and documentation obligations that result inter alia from the Commercial Code and the Fiscal Code. The retention- and documentation periods specified there are up to ten years beyond the end of the present legal relationship. In the absence of employment, your application documents will be returned to you after five months, in the original. Electronic data are deleted after five months. In case we want to store your data for later vacancies, or you have entered your data in the applicant pool, the data are deleted at a later date; you will be given detailed information thereon during the respective process. If the data are no longer required for meeting contractual or legal obligations, they are deleted on a regular basis, unless their - temporary - continued processing is necessary in order to fulfil the purposes outlined under item 2.2 or for a superordinate legitimate interest of our business. Such a superordinate legitimate interest exists, for example, if, based on the particular type of storage, deletion would be impossible, or would entail disproportionate expense. In such cases, we can, even after the end of our contractual relationship, store your data for a duration compatible with the purposes, and potentially use them to a limited extent. A restriction of use generally replaces deletion in such cases. In other words, data are blocked against any other type of use by appropriate measures. .
- Processing of your data in a third country, or by an international organisation:
Data transfer to entities in countries outside the European Economic Area EU/EEA (so-called third countries) takes place if it is necessary for the fulfilment of a contractual obligation to you (e.g. application for a position abroad), or in the context of our legitimate interest, or that of a third party, or you have given your consent. Service providers may be instructed in third countries to process your data in the course of contract processing. Should there be no decision of the EU Commission regarding the existing an appropriate data protection level in the respective country, we warrant by means of appropriate contracts that your rights and liberties are adequately protected. Information regarding suitable or appropriate guarantees and the means to obtain a copy thereof can be requested from the company data protection officer, or the department responsible to you.
- Your data protection rights:
Under certain circumstances, you can assert your data protection rights against us Every affected person has a right to disclosure in terms of art. 15 GDPR, the right to rectification in terms of art. 16 GDPR, the right to deletion in terms of art. 17 GDPR, the right to restriction of processing in terms of art. 18 GDPR, as well as the right to data portability in terms of art. 20 GDPR. The right to disclosure and deletion is limited by the terms of §§ 34 and 35 GDPR. Beyond that, there is a right to appeal at a data protection office (art. 77 GDPR in conjunction with § 19 of the Federal Data protection Act). Your requests concerning the exercise of your rights should be addressed, if possible in writing, to the above mentioned address, or directly to our data protection officer.
- Extent of your obligation to make your data available to us:
You only need to make available such data as is required for processing your application, or for a precontractual relationship with us, as well as data we are obliged to collect. Without this data we will generally not be able to continue conducting the application- and selection process. Should we ask you for data beyond that extent, we will separately inform you of the voluntariness of information.
- Existence of automated decision making (including profiling) in individual cases In accordance with art. 22 GDPR, we do not use fully automated decision procedures. Should we use such procedures in individual cases in the future, we will separately inform you thereof if legally required to do so.
- Information regarding your right to objection under art. 21 GDPR:
You have the right to object at any time against the processing of your data under art. 6 para. 1 f GDPR (data processing on the basis of balancing of interests) or art. 6 para. 1 e GDPR (data processing in the public interest) However, such objections must be based on grounds that arise from your personal situation. This also applies to profiling based on this clause in terms of art. 4 no. 4 GDPR. If you file an objection, we will no longer process your data, unless we are able to provide proof of compelling and legitimate grounds for the processing that outweigh your interests, rights and freedoms, or the processing serves the purpose of exercising, enforcing or defending of legal rights. You can of course withdraw your application at any time. There are no plans to use your personal data for the purpose of direct advertisement. We are none the less required to inform you that you have the right to object at any time to advertising; this also applies to profiling, if it relates to such direct advertising. We will observe this objection for the future. The objection can be made informally and should be addressed to email@example.com / hidden professionals GmbH, Kaiserstraße 39, 55116 Mainz
- Beyond that, you have the option to subscribe to job offers via email. In so doing, you can preselect, what type of vacancies you are interested in. We process and use this information exclusively for the purpose of transmission of the job advertisements you subscribe to. You can cancel the subscribed positions at any time.
- We take all the necessary technical and organisational security measures to protect your personal data from loss or misuse. Your personal data is encrypted using so-called Secure Socket Layer technology (SSL). SSL enables encrypted communication and document transfer via the internet between web browsers and web servers. The URL of a website with SSL connection to your browser begins with https://.
- Google Chrome: https://support.google.com/accounts/answer/61416?hl=de
- Internet Explorer: http://windows.microsoft.com/de-de/internet-explorer/delete-manage-cookies#ie=ie-11
- Microsoft Edge: http://windows.microsoft.com/de-DE/windows-10/edge-privacy-faq
- Mozilla Firefox: https://support.mozilla.org/de/kb/cookies-loeschen-daten-von-websites-entfernen
- Opera: http://help.opera.com/Linux/9.01/de/cookies.html
- Safari: https://support.apple.com/de-de/HT201265
Please be aware that changes to settings only apply to the respective browser. If you use several browsers, you have to change the settings separately. Furthermore, cookies that have already been set can be deleted at any time via the internet browser itself or other software programmes. If you deactivate the setting of cookies in the used internet browser, then, under certain circumstances, not all the functions of our website will be fully usable. The most common types of cookies are explained below for information purposes:
- Session cookies While you are active on a website, a session cookie is temporarily deposited in the memory of your computer, where a session ID is saved, e.g. to make sure you do not have to log on anew for every page change. Session cookies are deleted during logoff, or they loose their validity as soon as your session has automatically expired.
- Permanent, or protocol cookies: A permanent, or protocol cookie saves a file on your computer for the duration set in the expiry date. Through these cookies, websites will remember your information and settings at your next visit. This results in faster and more convenient access. At the end of the expiry period, the cookie is automatically deleted when you visit the website that has generated it.
- This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google Inc. (“Google”). Google Analytics uses so-called cookies, which are text files that are stored on your computer that facilitate an analysis of how you use the website. The information about your use of this website gathered by the cookie is, as a rule, transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Therein lies our legitimate interest in terms of art. 6 para.1 lit. f GDPR.
If IP anonymisation is enabled on this website, your IP address will be truncated by Google if it is located within the member states of the European Union or other parties to the agreement on the European Economic Area. Only in exceptional cases the full IP address is sent to a Google server in the US and abbreviated there. IP anonymisation is active on this website. On our behalf, Google will use this information to evaluate your use of the website, to generate reports on website activity and to perform additional services related to the use of the website and internet use to us. The IP address transmitted by your browser as part of Google Analytics shall not be merged with any other data held by Google.
You can prevent cookies being stored on your computer by selecting the appropriate settings in your browser. Please be aware, however, that you may not be able to use all the features of this website to their full extent. In addition, you can prevent Google from collecting the data on your use of the website (including your IP address) generated by the cookie, as well as the processing of this data by Google, by downloading and installing the browser plugin available via the following link: http://tools.google.com/dlpage/gaoptout?hl=de.
Alternatively to the browser plugin, or within browsers on mobile devices, you can click the following link in order to set an opt-out cookie, which will henceforth prevent collection by Google Analytics within this website (this opt-out cookie works only in this browser and only for this domain. If you delete your cookies, you will have to click on this link again): Deactivate Google Analytics
For further information with regard to data protection associated with Google Analytics, please refer to Google Analytics help (https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/6004245?hl=de).
- On our page, we offer you to disseminate and recommend job offers in social networks. In doing so, we offer you a convenient alternative to copying and sending links. In order to share this page, the user must log on to the social network. When logging on, data is being transmitted. With the use of this function, the user agrees to the data transfer. The purpose and extent of data collection, further processing and use of data by the social network, as well as the relevant rights and configuration options of the user for the protection of his privacy, can be accessed via the social networks:
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority, in particular in the Member State of your habitual residence, place of work or place of the alleged infringement, if you consider that the processing of personal data relating to you is unlawful.
- Data protection officer for hidden professionals GmbH Should you have additional questions or concerns regarding data protection, please contact:
hidden professionals GmbH
Tel. +49 (6131) 277 02 29
Fax +49 (6131) 277 02 19