GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute, and provider of services to support research. It is funded by the federal and state governments and member of the Leibniz Association.
Starting on March 1st, 2023, our Presidential Office, located in Mannheim, is looking for a
Evaluation Enthusiast as Project Manager (Base4NFDI)
(Salary group 13 TV-L, up to 100%, initially limited until 29.02.2028)
Base4NFDI is a joint initiative of all consortia of the German National Research Data Infrastructure (NFDI), you will help shape Germany’s most ambitious endeavor to provide support services for research data management. As part of a highly motivated team located at TU Dresden, SUB Göttingen, and GESIS Mannheim, which is responsible for the Project Coordination, you will be at the center stage of this effort. To help shape our dynamic team, we will welcome your ideas and expertise.
Your tasks will be:
- Conceptionalizing and implementing a data-driven monitoring using the OpenProject software
- Assisting all projects funded by Base4NFDI with project management and monitoring
- Preparing for an external evaluation of Base4NFDI’s activities and interfacing with its provider
- Conceptually and organizationally supporting Base4NFDI’s co-spokespersons as part of the Coordination Office
- Master´s degree and enthusiasm for working in an academic environment, ideally shown through a PhD (in any discipline)
- Experience in project management and one or more of the following: quality assurance, evaluation, OpenProject
- Delight in straightforward communication and working in teams
- Knowledge of research infrastructures, ideally relating to research data management
- Proficiency in English and German
- You will be part of Base4NFDI’s large network of academic institutions from all research disciplines
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of up to 60% mobile working within Germany
- Promotion of your skills through further training measures
- Very good conditions for reconciling work and family life, e.g. subsidies for childcare for children who have not yet attained the age of compulsory schooling
- Holistic company health management and discounted participation in the university's sports programme
- Generous support for your pension provision as a direct insurance policy
For further information concerning the tasks please contact Dr. Bernhard Miller via phone +49 621 1246-257 or via E-Mail. If you have questions about the application process, please contact Michaela Schwarzhaupt via E-Mail.
Please apply via our Online-application portal.
Our reference number is: PRAE-16.
GESIS offers an exciting work environment for interdisciplinary research at the interface between social sciences and computer sciences. As an infrastructure institution, we serve the promotion of the social science research, and we are in close cooperation with well-known international research institutes.
GESIS supports your career developments. We offer a wide range of career possibilities within an attractive working atmosphere with a high level of self-responsibility and scope for action. You work in an international environment in the heart of Mannheim and you benefit from our flexible working area.
GESIS guarantees the attention of the disability regulations and advances the professional gender equality. The position can also be filled on a part-time basis.
As a family-friendly employer, we are certified by the audit Work&Family since 2010.
Here you will find further information.