GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally active research institute, funded by federal and state governments and member of the Leibniz Association.
Starting on August 1, 2023, our Department Knowledge Exchange and Outreach (KEO), Team Training, located in Cologne and Mannheim, is looking – for either location – for a
Research Associate (PostDoc) for the development
of training courses on Methods of Empirical Social Research
(Salary group 13 TV-L, 100% working time, initially limited to 4 years)
The department Knowledge Exchange and Outreach (KEO) develops and provides a wide range of services and formats to support the knowledge transfer of expertise and research outcomes to the scientific community and society. As a core unit of the department, Team Training develops and organizes social science methods training to be delivered in Cologne and Mannheim as well as virtually. Over 1,000 participants visit our training events every year.
Your tasks will be:
- Planning and scientific coordination of training events, in particular GESIS Workshops (topic selection, lecturer recruitment, conceptual development, supervision, etc).
- Contributing to the overall tasks of the team, e.g., program development, evaluations, e-learning, and marketing
- Research and academic publishing in the field of methods of empirical social research or in one of our research areas (30% of your working time)
- Doctorate/PhD or well advanced doctoral/PhD thesis (up to six months before submission) in the social sciences or methods related fields
- Outstanding knowledge of quantitative methods of empirical social research, especially data analysis and/or Survey Methodology
- Strong networking experience in the national and international expert community with methodological orientation
- Experience with developing innovative courses, including digital formats, is desired
- High level of German and English language proficiency in spoken and written form
- A well-rehearsed team of scientific and administrative coordinators with an excellent working environment
- The opportunity to network with international experts
- Flexible working hours and the possibility of up to 60% mobile working within Germany
- Very good conditions for reconciling work and family life, e.g. subsidies for childcare for children who have not yet attained the age of compulsory schooling
- Holistic company health management and discounted participation in the university's sports programme
- Generous support for your pension provision as a direct insurance policy
- Promotion of your skills through further training measures
For further information concerning the tasks, please contact Dr. Johannes N. Blumenberg via E-Mail. If you have questions about the application process, please contact Franca Tosetti via E-Mail.
Please apply via our Online-application portal until June, 13th 2023.
Our reference number is: KEO-45.
GESIS offers an exciting work environment for interdisciplinary research at the interface between social sciences and computer sciences. As an infrastructure institution, we serve the promotion of the social science research, and we are in close cooperation with well-known international research institutes.
GESIS supports your career developments. We offer a wide range of career possibilities within an attractive working atmosphere with a high level of self-responsibility and scope for action. You work in an international environment in the heart of Cologne or Mannheim and you benefit from our flexible working area.
GESIS guarantees the attention of the disability regulations and advances the professional gender equality. The position can also be filled on a part-time basis.
As a family-friendly employer, we are certified by the audit Work&Family since 2010.
Here you will find further information.