GESIS – Leibniz-Institute for the Social Sciences is an internationally recognized social science institute. It is part of the Leibniz Association and recipient of both federal and state funding.
Starting as soon as possible our Department Survey Design and Methodology (SDM), Team Questionnaire Design & Evaluation, located in Mannheim, is looking for a
Research Associate (PostDoc) (m/f)
The department Survey Design & Methodology (SDM) is both nationally and internationally recognized for its expertise in survey methodology, gained over many years by conducting own research as well as consulting on and implementing renowned survey projects.
The job holder will be responsible for the infrastructure offers and research in the area of socio-demografic variables.
Your tasks will be:
- Consulting and development of methods to ensure quality of measurement in the area of socio-demografic variables
- Development of best practice recommendations for the collection of data on socio-demografic variables
- Research and publications
- Acquisition of third-party funding
- PhD in sociology, social sciences, or a related field
- Excellent knowledge in the area of social science research methods, of data analysis methods and profound experience in statistical software (e.g. STATA, SPSS, R)
- Relevant peer-reviewed publications in international journals
- Very high proficiency in German and English (spoken and written)
- Ability to work independently, and in an organized and team-oriented way
For further information concerning the tasks please contact contact person PD Dr. Natalja Menold via phone +49(0)621/1246-286 or via E-Mail. If you have questions about the application process, please contact Melanie Schuck via E-Mail.
Please apply via our Online-application portal until 08.07.2018.
GESIS offers an exciting work environment for interdisciplinary research at the interface between social sciences and computer Sciences. As an infrastructure institution, we promote social science research and cooperate with best-known international research institutes.
GESIS supports your career developments. We offer a wide range of career possibilities, in an attractive work environment with a high degree of responsibility and action possibilities. You work in an international environment in the heart of Mannheim. You profit from our ideal working conditions and our internal and external networks.
GESIS is an equal opportunity employer and adheres to the disability guidelines.The position can also be filled part-time.
We are a family-friendly employer and since 2010 we are certified by the audit Work&Family.
You will find further information here.